China-Britain Business Council
Locations: Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chongqing
Package: Competitive salary, based on qualification and experience
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) helps UK companies grow and develop their business in China, via a network of 13 offices in China and 10 in the UK. Our mission is to help UK companies of all sizes and sectors, whether new entrants or established operations, access the full potential of one of the fastest growing markets in the world. We deliver a range of practical services, including advice and consultancy, market research, event management, trade missions and exhibitions, and incorporation. Through 60 years of engagement, we have built up exceptional connections with government and business across China.
CBBC works closely with a range of partners across the UK and China, including UK Trade & Investment (UKTI). For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org.
Due to our rapid expansion in China, we are building our events team across our key hubs in China, namely Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chongqing. We are seeking confident and energetic team players with events management experience and excellent communications skills. The roles will entail managing a varied and large number of events designed to promote the development of UK-China trade and to continuously grow and bolster CBBC’s core offering of helping UK companies develop a deeper understanding and connection with China.
The successful applicants will also be responsible for planning, budgeting, execution of events and marketing the opportunities to reach the target audience. You will also work with the colleagues from across the team to ensure the events programme is organised and developed effectively. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing high profiled events, including conferences/seminars and banquets for visiting dignitaries from UK. Dealing effectively with and meeting the expectations of different stakeholders and partners.
- Organising seminars, receptions and other events on behalf of a variety of UK based clients and delivering them within an agreed budget;
- The promotion of events services offered by CBBC, acquisition of new clients and servicing and care of existing client relationships. Understanding customer requirements and managing customer relationships;
- Maintain relationships with government departments and agencies and industry contacts with whom we partner for events;
- Proactively engaging with partners to deliver value added services to clients;
- Delivering on revenue targets and managing costs effectively
- Proactively building on CBBC’s database to reach out to more British and Chinese companies actively developing trade together.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, highly motivated, IT literate, an excellent organiser and communicator, an active listener and a team player with a proven ability to work independently. Specific requirements for the role are as follows:
- Bachelor degree or above.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- For manager level, at least 5-6 years relevant work experience with a proven track record of running major events, for executive level, at least 2 years relevant working experience of running events;
- Excellent project management skills, providing careful attention to details
- Demonstrable understanding of UK-China business issues
- Excellent team work and communication to deliver an active annual events programme
- Passion for business development and excellent client facing skills
- Have an understanding of budgeting
- A flexible and entrepreneurial style and a quick learner
- Willing to be flexible with working hours
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter explaining how your experience meet our requirements together with detailed CV in both English and Chinese and an indication of your current salary and expected salary to the following email address: [email protected]. Please mention The China Times when you apply for the position.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified and that applicants who fail to provide a covering letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2014.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.