Fire damages Catholic church in Baotou, Inner Mongolia

Firefighters in north China’s Inner Mongolia autonomous region said they have snuffed out a fire that damaged a Catholic church on Monday.

The blaze broke out at about 1 p.m. in a Catholic church in the Donghe district of the city of Baotou and was extinguished at about 3:40 p.m., firefighters said.

The fire destroyed about 15 square meters of the church’s wooden roof.

No casualties have been reported.

An initial probe indicated that the fire was ignited by hot oil, as the church’s staff were cooking at the time.

Property losses are still being estimated.


Leave a Reply